Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The 1919 Diary of Ypsilanti High School Teacher Carrie Hardy

Part of a year-long serialization of Ypsilanti high school math teacher Carrie Hardy's diary.May 6 Tues. After school and supper I went to see Mickey at the Martha. It was good. Sat between Lillian and Marjorie Sweet.

May 7 Wed. The Student Council met at 4 o'clock. First meeting H. Holmes, temporary chairman. Went with Lillian to woods. Took Misses Houp + Baird for ride.

May 8 Thurs. Raining again. Took dinner at the Mission today with Mrs. Fletcher. Mr. Piper looked at Mrs. Drake's apartment. Rather "blue" tonight.

May 9 Fri. parent-Teacher Club met after school. Many H. S. boys went into Detroit this P.m. Miss Gieske + I went to Mission for supper, met Miss Combs there.

May 10 Sat. been down town twice. Had tooth treated. Check for $25 from Mrs. Hutchins. Called up May + Rob is better. Feeling "blue."

May 11 Sun. Wash my hair with tar soap. Cleaned the house a little. Was home all day. Miss Laird and Lillian were in. I drove them out Prospect N.

May 12 Mon. Teacher's meeting after school and after supper. I "toted" Miss Gieske about to see about play accoutrements. Saw Mr. Blum.

May 13 Tues. After school I tutored Mr. Simon + Mr. VanWegen then Miss Swaine + I attended a meeting of the Home Asso'n in the Methodist Church.

No comments :