Friday, November 13, 2009

Hive Mind Poll

Dear Hivey,

Well, it is finished. I just submitted the book to my publisher. Here's my question for y'all. I could use your expertise. The publisher's sales team is a tad wary of the title "Stud Bunnies and the Underwear Club: Tales from the Ypsilanti Archives." They feel that a portion of their typical readership will be turned off by the "stud bunnies" part.

So far as I can tell, the typical readership of the book will be by valued readers up here in Michigan, where with near-Depression levels of unemployment, foreclosures, job losses, and similar grimness--we're ready for anything, and a note of sightly risque levity would be appreciated.

I think it would make the book stand out in a market dominated with somewhat boring, stodgy titles. But I'm way too close to view this objectively. What do you think? Keep the title? Change it a tad? I'd value your criticism and suggestions. Thank you!

2 comments :

Anasia said...

keep the title.

Dusty D said...

Yeah, I think it's a good fit for the Ypsilanti....nature? way? sensibility?

Heck, Honorable Mayor Schreiber wrote an introduction AFTER learning what the title would be! (Thank you, Mayor Schreiber!)