Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday Mystery Spot

Though I thought I'd picked a "goodie" for last week's Mystery Spot, once again it was, of course, guessed! Lisele commented, "Ahhh, is it the place called BirdBrain in Depot Town?" Yep! But it was a tie: BF guessed as well at the same time by emailing me a photo, here 'tis:

The original:

Now, don't let those victories go to your head, Lisele and BF and other readers, 'cause we have a vexing one this week, yessir. Take a peek if you will and see if you can guess! Good luck!

5 comments :

DAN DUCHENE said...

Are we looking west down Cross Street, east of River? I feel like that is the Thompson Block on the right.

Building Place said...

Erg! I wasn't fast enough. Ah well, I agree with Dan. That's the tower of "Old Main" - the Normal School building on the site now occupied by EMU's Pierce Hall - on the right center background.

BF said...

Was busy last night, so didn't get a chance to look till this morning, but my first instinct is that Dan's right.

Dusty D said...

Ooh, three answers right off the bat! Thank you, gentlemen!

Anyone else like to guess? Answer next Wednesday!

cmadler said...

Dan et al are correct. I think I actually have a photo I took from a similar angle, but it's not online, and I'm at work. So I'll point to http://www.panoramio.com/photo/27424250 for support (click the photo for a high-resolution version). Look at the side of Aubree's building (far left in that photo) and compare it to the building at center-right in the Mystery Spot photo. Although there have obviously been some changes over the years, it's clearly the same building.