Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The 1919 Diary of Ypsilanti High School Teacher Carrie Hardy

Part of a year-long weekly serialization of Ypsilanti high school math teacher Carrie Hardy's diary.

Kind readers may recall that Carrie was just starting out teaching summer classes at the Ypsilanti High School, until illness struck her down.

July 21 Mon. No classes. Not well so called Dr. Breakey who came at 11 A.M. He gave me calomel tablets and in evening I took Pluto water. Mended some.

July 22 Tues. Taught all classes, but it was not easy work because of not feeling well.

July 23 Wed. Taught all classes but feeling miserable.

July 24 Thurs. Can't keep anything down. 7-8 class excused. Miss Wigal taught P.M. classes. Lillian with me. Dr. Breakey came again.

July 25 Fri. Could not teach today either. Feel a little better. Could not teach. Dr. Breakey came.

July 26 Sat. Mrs. Niblack came this A.M. My, I'm sick with liver and stomach trouble. Am having a time. Dr. Breakey again.

July 27 Sun. Dr. Breakey + Mrs. Niblack think maybe I can go to my 7-8 class tomorrow. Several callers.

Thanks for reading; tune in next Tuesday for the next series!

No comments :