Friday, September 11, 2009

Historical Walking Tours Available

Looking for a unique and fun thing to do for your next company picnic or family outing? How about a walking tour with Ypsilanti's preeminent historian James Mann? He is an entertaining storyteller and he's got the goods and historical gossip on everyone.

Full disclosure: James is an old old friend of Dusty D's--not quite back to the cradle but getting there. And as such, I'm stickin' up for him and promoting his walking tours--'cause they're cool. You can see the range of topics you can choose from, there. And from what I know about James, I think it's safe to say that he would be delighted to further customize a topic to suit your group's interests.

I personally recommend the ghost tours, but they're all good. James is great with questions too--it's not just a canned tour. Just something to keep in mind the next time you're looking for a fun, informative, and unique thing thing to do.

8 comments :

Mike Ambs said...

Erica and I are totally planning on doing this :) And I think we're going with the ghost tours. Oh yea.

Dusty D said...

Mike: It's lots of fun. And it's amazing to me how much James knows--he's always got an answer to a question. I think he has a photographic memory. I hope you have fun!

Unknown said...

Mike & Erica -- I've been dyin to do the ghost tour (no pun intended). Could I join in as one of your five? DD knows how to contact me, if yes. I'd love to do this if it's a time I can attend.

Dusty D said...

Sounds like a Ghost Tour sign-up goin' on! I did email James to ask him to stop by and tantalize us with some details but apparently he's busy today--he'll visit soon I hope.

Mike Ambs said...

@Lisele :) Yea, that sounds fun - plus you have a very cool name.

We aren't able to go jut yet, but we should keep in touch. My email is me@mikeambs.com - if you have a day you're thinking about going let us know, we'll do that same!

James said...

Looks like we have a tour group ready and willing to go. Now we need to pick a time and date. Lets have some fun.

Unknown said...

OH, about that name -- it seems some people think it's French. Nope -- it's a Yiddish diminutive, like calling Patricia "Pattie." Pronounced "LEE-suleh."

Dusty D said...

Lisele: Oh, what a lovely bit of info! I love the pronunciation and I'm glad you mentioned it--every time I saw your name I was hearing "lee-SELL."